Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the opening hours of Aurum Jewellery Gallery? Aurum Jewellery Gallery is open from Monday to Friday from 11:00 to 18:00. The gallery is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- How does a gemmologist work? Please make a personal appointment with a gemmologist at least one day in advance by calling to +372 644 9874 or writing to email@example.com. Before coming to the appointment, please clean your jewel so that it would be possible to assess the colour and purity of the precious stone.
- Does Aurum sell gemstones? Aurum Jewellery Gallery offers a wide range of rare high-quality precious stones, our clients can order diamonds as well as colourful precious stones from us. For that we recommend making a personal appointment by calling to +372 644 9874 or writing to firstname.lastname@example.org – that way the gemmologist will have enough time for you.
- What is the difference between a crystal and a gemstone? A gemstone is a cut crystal. A person can give value to a high-quality precious stone crystal by giving it new quality and shine through polishing. However, if you lack knowledge, skills, tools and the cut is driven by one goal only – to preserve the weight – the results may be modest. Cutting a gemstone incorrectly, i.e. the symmetry is off and of low quality and the stone will not reflect light correctly, may result in a dull and inexpressive stone. A gemstone that is cut correctly it “lives”, throws sparkles and glimmers.
- Is there such a thing as “healing” crystals and what is their influence? Gemstones have a different influence on each person, therefore there is no crystal that would heal everyone the same way. I recommend being very careful with “healers” and “crystal healers”. Running along with a popular trend without consideration is damaging to your finances as well as health. Keep in mind that even one and the same gemstone can have a different influence during different stages in life/in different ages, when you have various illnesses. Only you can feel which gemstone supports you, if at all! You should also avoid accidental combined influence of many different crystals – this may harm your energetics.
- What is laser drilling? It is sometimes used on diamonds. The process drills very tiny holes into a diamond to provide access to black spots in the stone. The inclusion can then be, vaporized or bleached to make it less obvious. This process weakens its structure, even if this effect is not significant – the stone might crack or chip. The laser drilling should be indicated on the certificate or other sales document. Drilled stone is always cheaper.
- What is gemstone treatment and enhancement? Those are the methods to improve the appearance of natural gemstones. In most cases the treatment enhances the gemstone to make it more beautiful but because of the extreme rarity, the natural untreated gemstones are 50 – 100% more expensive.
or call to +372 644 9874.
Roosikrantsi 11, Atrium of the Swiss House, Tallinn
Aurum Jewellery Gallery is open from Monday to Friday from 11:00 to 18:00.
The gallery is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
Phone: +372 644 9874